Winter travel in Iceland
Winter Camping in Iceland Made Fun & Simple with CampEasy
Our CampEasy camper vans are specially made for travelling around Iceland and are both comfortable and safe. Our policy is to keep it easy and simple.
Winter camping in Iceland might not be the first thing you think of when you imagine winter travel in Iceland. But Campeasy campers are specifically fitted with two extra batteries in the back for extended heater function, extra mops and rags for the wet, extensive safety equipment and brand new winter tyres. This combined with our 24/7 assistance and detailed instruction sessions with each costumer, makes for a safe trip in the Icelandic winter.
With CampEasy, driving in Iceland in winter becomes not only possible, but fun and enjoyable for everyone.
CampEasy is the way to travel Iceland in winter in style.
Where to stay the night?
Campsites in Iceland are just now starting to realize the need for winter accommodations. As such, the availability is still somewhat limited but far from insufficient. Below you'll find a map of all the winter accommodations that are available this winter:
We cater to your needs with a variety of camper vans and vehicles that are specially equipped for driving around Iceland in winter. Some of the features of our rentals include:
- All-night heating system to keep you cozy and warm
- Dual batteries in the rear cabin for extended heater and electrical function
- Safety equipment, such as proper winter tires, GPS and crash sensors
- Weather monitoring and warning system
- Accelerometer for impact tracking and response
- Safety information, tips, and rules for the road
- Unlimited mileage
- No hidden fees
- 24-hour breakdown service
All of our vehicles are fully licensed according to Icelandic law and undergo a full mechanical maintenance check prior to being rented each time. All vehicles are inspected annually by a third-party garage to ensure that they are in accordance with Icelandic law. Your safety is our priority!
It is our policy to make your travel experience in Iceland simple and easy. We offer various transport options to help you get to your camper rental and get on the road at no additional charge:
- Free FlyBus transport to the Reykjavík bus station, where provide a "Hreyfill" Taxi transport during opening hours from 9:00-18:00
- OR we will pick you up anywhere in the Reykavík area
- OR You can pick up and return your camper rental at our location on Smiðjuvegur 72, 200 Kópavogur (Reykjavík area)
- After return, we will take you to the bus station or anywhere the Reykjavík area
Winter is Iceland’s best-kept secret. With your fully outfitted camper, you can experience the wonders that Iceland has to offer at this time of year, including ice-climbing, glacier walking, and ice-cave exploring in Skaftafell National Preserve, horseback riding in South Iceland, scuba diving in Silfra Fissure, soaking in any number of hot springs all over the country, and don’t forget hunting the northern lights!
If you encounter a problem or have questions, just give us a call any time and we will do our best to make your travels safe, fun, easy, and simple!
Contact CampEasy ehf
Address: Smiðjuvegur 72
City: Kópavogur ( Reykjavik area)
Zip code: 200
Phone: 00354 571-1310
Opening hours: 9:00 Am to 18:00 Pm